Our Week with Ben in Arizona, Valentine's, and A Gala.

Happy Monday, Y'all! I hope y'all had a great weekend! Ours went by way to fast!! I am recapping last week and this weekend. 

Monday, February 12th- 

Ben was up around 4 AM and left the house around 4:45 AM because he was headed to Arizona for work. I couldn't fall back asleep for a while so I read and then dosed off again. Ella had a digital day so we didn't have an alarm set. I finally got up around 7:30. It was coffee and Jesus. I hopped on the Peloton. Got ready, headed to Publix to get some groceries. Got home, unpacked groceries, laundry, empty the dishwasher, worked on the blog. 

Ella went to lunch with a friend. Around 5PM, her and I went to dinner at Longhorns. Our original plan was to go to Addison's basketball game. However, Ella really wanted to go to Love Club for YL. Club ended up winning so after dinner we got back to the house, she changed clothes, and headed to club. I need a few more things on the computer before ending my night on the couch with my favorite cuddle buddy. 

Duke likes to be near us but not touching like Trixie. 

I am just slightly obsessed with her! HA 😂

I crawled into bed around 10:45. I knew I had to be exhausted before going to bed since Ben was gone. I slept well thanks to an advil pm :) 

Tuesday, February 13th- 

Coffee and Jesus. Ella ended up sleeping in a little late because her stomach was very upset. We both got ready and left around 11. She headed to school and I headed to The Oasis for a cooking class. 

Chef Juan made a delicious surf and turf. 

After that was done and we cleaned up. I ran a few errands, got home, worked on a blog post, and then around 4 headed to meet Leigh Anne for a Galentine's around our little town while Ella went to practice. 

We went through a few stores and then started at The Bistro for a drink and an appetizer. Then we walked the next block over to Latin Flavors for another drink and appetizers. 

Espresso martinis are my FAVORITE!! 

Along with this friend. Love my LeLe. 

Ella went to golf practice after school and then to a baseball game after practice. Her and LB went to Zaxbys for dinner. 

I got home a little after 8 and waited for Ella to get home. I finished up a blog post. By 8:40, me and this girl were curling up on the couch. 

I went to bed around 10PM. 

Wednesday, February 14th- Valentine's Day. 

Coffee, Jesus, and Ella met a friend at CFA for heart shape biscuits. I enjoyed a slow morning, got a ride on the Peloton, got ready, and met my sister for brunch at 11AM. 
Ben got home around 2PM from Arizona. We caught up, He chilled, and then I separated golf uniforms. 

Around 4:45, I started dinner. Ella requested Chicken Parmesan and Chicken fettuccine for dinner along with cheese filled garlic balls and chocolate covered strawberries. 

I spent about 2 hours in the kitchen cooking and cleaning but Ben and Ella's thanks and this was delicious was worth it.   

Ben and Ella left around 7:30 for a basketball game and guess what I did....yep! Curled up on the couch with this girl. 

She loves my blanket from LeLe as much as I do!! 

I went to bed around 10PM. Ben and Ella got home a few minutes after 11PM. Way to late in my opinion. 

Thursday, February 15th- 

Coffee and Jesus. Ella off to school. I got ready and headed to Prayer group at The Oasis at 10AM. Afterwards, I dropped off 2 Amazon returns, grabbed CFA for lunch and headed to my 12PM hair appointment. 
I got home around 2:15, unloaded a few things I grabbed for dinner and read for a few minutes. I left around 3:20 to head to the golf course to drop off the uniforms to the players. Once I got home, I started prepping dinner to have it ready when Ella got home from practice. Ben met her at practice and they walked in the door around 5:45. Ben wasn't hungry so Ella and I ate. I cleaned up the kitchen, took a shower, and curled up on the couch again. Ben was in bed and asleep by 7:30. The week of travel, time changes, and late nights caught up to him. 

Friday, February 16th- 

Coffee, Jesus, Ella off to school. I placed a few orders online, rode the peloton, got ready and headed to my 12:30 nail appointment. 

This was my view while I was reading. 

I love taking Bradley Rose's classes. Country music and a British accent! Love it! 


I got home, set up my planner for the next week and when Ella got home and chilled then we headed to meet Ben and Grammy at Chili's by the Mall of GA at 5:30. 
Friday would have been Grammy and Granddaddy's 50th wedding anniversary so we wanted to treat her to dinner. 
After dinner, Grammy headed home, I headed home, and Ben and Ella headed to another basketball game. I waited for Ian to get home. He got home around 9PM and I went to bed around 10PM. Again, Ella and Ben got home a little after 11 PM. 

Saturday, February 17th- 

Coffee, Jesus, Boys headed to the course, and Ella headed to Addison's to go to Milledgeville for the day and night. 
I threw on some clothes and headed to visit my sister. My dad and stepmom were stopping by as well. My brother in law went on hospice care earlier this week so it has been emotional around here. 
While we were there his hospital bed was delivered. While we were there, we also got to visit with my 2 nephews, their wives, and the boys. I also got to see my aunt Sherry and her grandson, Ryker. It was a good visit. 

I got home around 2:30 and shortly after starting getting ready for the annual Gala that we attend each year for Ben's work. 

I sent this picture to Ella before we left. So thankful for Lindsay sharing this dress. 

We left the house around 4:40 and got to Atlanta around 5:40. Got to the event location a little before 6PM and y'all after walking about 3 blocks to the hotel where the event was in super cold and windy conditions and in heels. We got to the hotel and went to check in, Carly and I (wife of another couple who was going to the gala with us) went to the bathroom and when we walked out of the restroom, my legs hurt so bad that I was limping then the closer we got to the husbands I started feeling like I didn't have control of my legs and even stopped to see if I broke a heel. We got to the room where Ben and Josh were and I just stopped walking, Carly turned around and realized I wasn't behind her and she said do I need to hold your arm and I said yes. I could see Ben and started saying his name, he saw my face, and walked really fast over to us and grabbed my other arm and got me to a table to sit down because my right leg had started to shake so much that I couldn't hardly walk.
He got me into the chair and said, "did you eat today?" and y'all I had only had a granola bar and a hand full of chips. My blood sugar dropped. It was scary. I do want to note that I had not had any alcohol either. 
Ben fixed me a plate of appetizers and once I ate and drank some water because I realized I barely had any water during the day. I felt so much better. 

Right at 7 PM, we were instructed to move into the next room for the event. 

We took a few pictures before entering the next room. 

The event started and look who the MC's were for the night....

Samuel L. Jackson was also in attendance. 

Love Josh and Carly. 

Sweet Josh. He is one of Ben's sales reps but feels more like family!!! So thankful a company brought them into our lives. 

The event ended around 10:45 and Ben and I got home a few minutes before midnight. I talked to Ian and Kathryn for a few minutes, let the pups got, showered, skincare, and got into bed around 12:15. 

Sunday, February 18th- 

Slept in till about 7:30AM, let the dogs out, fed dogs, started coffee, and sat in my chair for coffee and Jesus. Read for a little bit and then around 10:30 got up and started getting busy for the day. Made waffles for breakfast, ate breakfast, changed out of my pj's, into comfy clothes, and then got busy. I cleaned up the kitchen, straightened up the living room, went over both with the Dyson and then mopped. I went upstairs started laundry, started this post, decided to go ahead and run to Publix to get what we needed for Sunday night and Monday for Ella's lunch. I came back, emptied the dishwasher, switched out laundry, worked more on this post, and got distracted many, many times. I worked on my blog calendar, planner, and meal planning for the week. 

Around 6PM, Ella got home, we made buffalo chicken wraps for dinner, everyone went their separate ways, I cleaned the kitchen, started another load of laundry, and you guessed it curled up on the couch with Trixie. 

Cheers to a new week! 

No comments